EASTER 2024 AVAILABILITY
Easter is a joyful time to visit England, Scotland and Ireland. The spring flowers are beginning to show through the ground with splashes of colour everywhere; daffodils and tulips bursting to open and dance in the sun. Easter weekend often signifies the re-opening of many local attractions, sites, houses and gardens that are fun to visit. The stunning historic country houses and castles we can offer to our guests to stay in are almost always surrounded by fields, woodland and private grounds. Our passion is planning fabulous vacations for families and groups, offering our full concierge service and ensuring that everyone is kept as busy or a relaxed as they would like to be. We only pick the best luxury family accommodation in the UK and the house staff are all exceptional and will look after their guests’ every need. Our destination experts have extensive experience of the UK and Ireland and have much pleasure in hand crafting itineraries for their clients.
We do have many other houses that are available but are not listed here so please do email or call us for other suggestions as we would be delighted to help.
The Moult, South Devon, England
35 minutes drive to Totness Railway Station.
The Moult is one of the finest private houses on the British coast, positioned on it’s own peninsula and surrounded by acres of garden.
- Accommodation for up to 24 people in 11 bedrooms with ensuite or private bathrooms. 1 further bedroom has access to a shared family bathroom.
- Variety of reception rooms for both entertaining or relaxing.
- Outdoor heated 22m long swimming pool.
- Great for entertaining with cinema room,
- games room/gym, croquet, table football, table tennis, trampoline and outdoor giant chess set.
- Lots of activities with great walks nearby, watersports, golf, clay pigeon shooting, boat trips, fishing, crabbing, lobster potting, caving or beauty treatments.
- 35 minutes drive from Totnes Train Station.
- 75 minutes drive from Exeter
Rodel House, Isle of Harris, Scotland
90 minutes drive to Stornoway, regular flights from Stornoway to Edinburgh/Glagow.
Rodel House, with its own impressive harbour and walled garden, and a prospect across the sea to the Isle of Skye and beyond, occupies an unrivalled position on the most historically significant and naturally blessed site on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland.
- Accommodation for up to 10 people in 2 double ensuite rooms, 1 double and 1 bunk room (kids only) with shared bathroom. 1 twin room with bathroom in adjacent East Wing.
- 4 bathrooms with baths and/or showers.
- Event space in adjacent sail loft that seats 50 people.
- Private harbour for boat trips (Islands in Sound of Harris, The Shiants, Lewis East Lochs, Taransay etc.).
Seafishing (lobsters, crabs, mackerel, pollack, cod, haddock etc.).
- Learn about local crafts such as Harris Tweed Weaving.
- Private tour of the Harris Gin Distillery in Tarbert.
- Wonderful opportunities for photographers, bird watchers, walkers, wild swimmers, surfers and more.
Newton Surmaville, Somerset, England
2 hours from London Heathrow Airport.
This house only gets better with time and has been lived in by the same family for nearly four hundred years. Jeffrey Bilhuber, one of Architectural Digest’s Top 100 Interior Designers, has recently given the house a complete re-design ensuring 21st Century comforts as well as preserving the history of this imposing mansion.
- Accommodation for up to 20 people in 9 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms.
- 5 impressive reception rooms with generous proportions and wonderful period features including fine oak panelling, open stone fireplaces, flag stone flooring and excellent ceiling heights.
- Beautifully restored throughout to combine classic period features with modern benefits.
- The surrounding parkland allows for plenty to explore with ponds and a section of the River Yeo.
- There is a wonderful outbuilding which offers space for events and parties.
- A wide range of available activities in the surrounding area including a golf club at the border of the grounds.
- Close to Dorset AONB.
- 2 hours from London Heathrow and 2 1/2 hrs from central London by train.
Ebrington Manor, The Cotswolds, England
1 3/4 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport.
Ebrington Manor is an ancient Grade II Listed manor house dating back to the 14th or 15th Century.
- Accommodation for up to 16 people in 8 bedrooms with ensuite bath/shower rooms.
- Wonderful oak panelled hall, dining room (seats 16), drawing room and sitting room/tv room.
- Acres of parkland to explore along with the Rose Garden and the Tortoise Garden.
- A natural spring fed lake for swimming and paddleboarding with a Cotswolds stone boathouse.
- Large Cotswold stone South African style Boma (cross between a firepit and BBQ) down by the boathouse.
- Croquet, football and pentanque.
- Pretty Cotswold villages with antique shops, gastro pubs and farm shops nearby.
- Fabulous walks through the rolling countryside.
- 1 3/4 hours drive to the historic City of Bath.
- 2 ½ hours drive to central London.
Dalcross Castle, Inverness-shire, Scotland
10 minutes drive from Airport.
Set in stunning landscaped gardens guests will enjoy complete privacy, this is a tranquil place where you can take time to properly unwind. Ideal for a large house party as this castle is full of character and wonderful historic features such as arrow slits, turrets and the splendid spiral staircase.
- Accommodation for 17 guests in total.
- Great Hall with open fire.
- Billiards room.
- Large private landscaped gardens.
- Ideally situated for many visitor attractions and good access to the North of Scotland.
- Local attractions include Golf at Castle Stuart, Loch Ness and Culloden Battlefield.
- Wonderful sandy beaches and dolphin watching on the Moray Firth.
- Boat trips on Loch Ness.
- Close to the many Speyside distilleries.
Churchtown House, County Kerry, Ireland
2 hours drive from Shannon International Airport.
A wonderful base from which to explore the picturesque coastline as well as enjoying the estate’s own private golf course and a further 5 internationally renowned courses nearby.
- Accommodation for 12 guests.
- Games room & media room.
- All weather tennis court.
- 60 minutes from the City of Cork and 15 minutes from Killarney.
- Local attractions include the beautiful beach at Dingle Bay, Killarney National Park for walks, cycling, horse riding and outdoor pursuits.
Straffan House, County Kildare, Ireland
1/2 hours drive from Dublin Airport.
The house combines the architecture of a bygone era with all of the comforts and convenience of elegant, contemporary living.
- 20 guests in 10 bedrooms, all en suite.
- Indoor swimming pool complete with ‘swim up bar’.
- Spa and gym, cinema, games room and glass-enclosed, thermostatically-controlled wine cellar.
- Cycle paths and river walks.
- Direct access onto The Ryder Cup Golf Course.
- Outdoor pursuits on the estate including falconry, kayaking, horse riding, clay pigeon shooting, archery and fishing on the River Liffey.
- Access to all the wider resort facilities of the K Club including the Spa.
Kirtlington Park, Oxfordshire, England
1 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
This breathtaking palladian house is set in stunning gardens and parkland designed by Capability Brown.
- 8 bedrooms with 8 bathrooms (6 ensuite).
- Fabulous entertaining rooms including the Great Hall, drawing room, Monkey Room, dining room, library and saloon.
- Tennis court, gym, cinema/games room.
- Billiard/snooker table, table tennis, table football, badminton, croquet, skittles and garden games.
- Garden seating and woodland walks.
- Lake with fishing by arrangement.
- Kirtlington Polo Club with free viewing and lessons by arrangement.
- ½ hours drive to the city of Oxford to visit the colleges, Oxford Botanic Garden, the famous Pitt Rivers and Ashmolean Museums, as well as punting on the River Thames.
- Blenheim Palace, The Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon and Rousham Gardens are all nearby.
- Located just five minutes from the A34 and the M40.
- 1 hours drive from West London.
Lambay Castle and Island, Co. Dublin, Ireland
20 minutes by speedboat & 20 minutes by car from Dublin Airport.
Lambay Island, with its very own castle, is steeped in romantic family history, having been bought in 1904 by a newly-wed couple and remained in the family ever since.
- Lambay Castle sleeps up to 10 people. Bathrooms are luxurious but shared between 2 bedrooms or more.
- Breakfast room with large oak table seating 8-10 comfortably.
- Formal dining room and drawing room.
- Further accommodation on the island is available.
- Surrounded by a 200 acre cattle and sheep farm. Part of the 660 acre island estate.
- Home to wallabies, fallow deer, seals and nesting seabirds.
- Off grid, so electricity, hot water and heating are self generated from a wind turbine and solar panels.
The Rafters, Lulworth Cove, England
2 3/4 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport.
The Rafters overlooks picturesque Lulworth Cove, sitting in a truly hidden paradise.
- 10 en-suite bedrooms, each bathroom with a walk-in wet area. Two freestanding baths in two of the en-suite bathrooms.
- Library, sitting area (with mini bar), cosy cinema room (with Blu-ray, Apple TV and Amazon TV) and a games room (with ping-pong table, board games, large TV, music speakers).
- Large, heated indoor saline pool.
- Outdoor grill and fire bowl with outside seating.
- World Heritage Site of the Jurassic Coast.
- Stunning views over Lulworth Cove.
Crom Castle, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
2 hours drive to both Dublin and Belfast Airports. Helicopter landing available on the lawn.
This romantic 19th Century Victorian Castle is the luxurious historic private home of the Crichton family, Earls of Erne.
The castle is set in a 1900 acre estate on Upper Lough Erne, one of Northern Ireland’s most important nature conservation areas. The outstanding beauty and tranquillity of the setting with its wonderful wildlife and nature makes it a perfect holiday retreat with the Estate and grounds belonging to the National Trust. However, the family have retained the private gardens surrounding the castle for private use.
- Sleeps up to 21 guests in 2 state double rooms, 4 double rooms, 4 twin rooms and 1 single room all with their own private bathrooms.
- Wonderful state drawing rooms and dining room.
- Magnificent Grand Hall.
- Victorian conservatory ideal for summer breakfasts and summer dining.
- Hard tennis court.
- Boating activities on Lough Erne by separate arrangement.
- Private family gardens.
Birkhill Castle, Fife, Scotland
1 1/5 hours from Edinburgh Airport. Helicopter landing available on the lawn.
A golfers paradise, 100 golf courses can be accessed within a 40 mile radius of the castle. 1 hours drive from Edinburgh & 20 minutes from St Andrews.
- Sleeps up to 28 guests in 11 double or twin bedrooms & 4 single bedrooms plus a children’s nursery.
- Billiards room.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool.
- Tennis Court and Croquet Lawn.
- Both game and clay pigeon shooting can be arranged on the estate.
- Private Beach, boats trips to view puffins.
- Local Attractions include the many local golf courses.
- Edinburgh with shopping, museums & galleries.
- Kellie Castle.
- The charming East Neuk of Fife fishing villages with excellent fish restaurants.
Archerfield House, East Lothian, Scotland
40 minutes drive to Edinburgh Airport.
This magnificent Georgian mansion has two 18 hole golf courses and a spa at the disposal of our guests.
- Fully staffed accommodation sleeps 30 guests in 15 double bedrooms, all ensuite.
- Marine Villa sleeps 10 guests in 4 double and 2 single rooms.
- The Boathouse sleeps 8 guests in 4 large ensuite bedrooms.
- As well as the famous East Lothian Golf courses such as Muirfield, Luffness and Gullane the house is surrounded by local attractions including
Glenkinchie Distillery, Museum of Flight at East Fortune and the Scottish Seabird Centre.
- Lovely local beaches for bracing spring walks.
Shipton Court, The Cotswolds, England
1 3/4 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
An original, English Jacobean manor house set in lovely gardens with two additional cottages which are also available to rent.
- Sleeps up to 11 guests in 5 double bedrooms and one singleroom.
- Drawing room with barel vaulted ceiling and Steinway grand piano, first floor library and long dining hall.
- Seven working large fireplaces for log fires throughout the house providing a warm and cosy atmosphere.
- Two acres of south facing lawned gardens.
- One bedroom cottage and two bedroom staff cottage available if required.
- Outdoor ‘toys’ include: go-carts, children’s bikes, an electric 2-seat buggy, kites, croquet set, petanque & children’s summerhouse.
- 2 ¼ hours drive from London.
Glin Castle, Co. Limerick, Ireland
55 minutes drive from Shannon International Airport.
Situated on the Shannon Estuary, Glin Castle is available to hire exclusively for extended private rental, family events and golf tours.
- Sleeps up to 30 guests in 15 double or twin bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and/or showers.
- Activities can include; cookery classes, traditional Irish music, dance and craic, whiskey tasting, Gaelic Football (worth a try).
- Day trips to Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher (an hours distance), Ring of Kerry, Killarney Lakes and Muckross House & Gardens and Co. Clare.
- Scavenger hunts (a real favourite), history talk with a well known local historian.
- 15th century Bunratty Castle & Folk Park (45 minutes drive).
- Adare Village heritage town named Ireland’s prettiest village (35 minutes drive).
- 2 1/2 hours drive from Dublin.
Knowsley Hall, Lancashire, England
1/2 hours drive to Liverpool Airport.
Exceptional stately home set within a 2,500 acre private estate.
- Sleeps up to 34 guests in 17 exquisitely designed ensuite bedrooms.
- State dining room and drawing room.
- Award winning spa on the estate.
- Clay pigeon shooting, riding, watersports and cycling safari around the perimeter of Knowsley Safari are all available on the estate.
- Inside the house wine and gin tastings can be arranged as well as history talks, tour of the art collection (which would not be out of place in a museum or gallery).
- Yoga and pilates can be done in the ballroom and there is also an award wining spa located on the estate.
- 4 hours drive from London.
10 Castle Street, Dorset, England
2 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport.
A Grade 2* Listed Queen Anne building.
- Sleeps up to 22 in 11 individually designed ensuite bedrooms.
- Various dining rooms and dining spaces.
- Two drawing rooms.
- Beautiful gardens.
- In-house massages, yoga and personal trainer.
- A host of activities available.
- 2 1/2 hours drive from London.
Euston Hall, Suffolk, England
1 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
Historic Palladian Home with an award winning ‘Greenest Farming Business’ farm.
Country houses do not come more impressive, or with a richer history, than Suffolk’s Euston Hall. Set in deer-filled parkland and offering an authentic Lord of the Manor experience, Euston is owned by one of the country’s most prestigious families. The stately home has a glorious collection of royal portraits lining its walls among many other highlights. It is also incredibly warm and welcoming with feather-soft beds and fabulous gardens (designed by Capability Brown and William Kent) to spend summer days in. The natural swimming area is a dream for hot weather!
- Accommodation for 18 people in 8 double bedrooms and 2 single rooms.
- Drawing room, library, large & small dining room, billiard room and games room.
- Extensive private collection of Royal Stuart portraiture and noble equestrian art.
- Tennis court, croquet lawn, badminton.
- Natural swimming area with sauna river cabin, paddle boarding and canoeing.
- Traditional sporting estate activities.
- Situated on 300 acres of private grounds and parkland on an 11,000 acre farming estate.
- 2 hours drive from London, 40 minutes from Cambridge, 25 minutes from Newmarket Races.
- Superfast Broadband (300 meg).
Ashby Manor House, Northamptonshire, England
1 1/2 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
Guy Fawkes planned his infamous Gun Powder Plot at Ashby Manor House in 1605.
- Sleeps up to 23 people in 10 bedrooms (but in spite of the size it is very comfortable and cosy for one family).
- Outdoor heated pool.
- Tennis court.
- A lake for boating on.
- Fabulous tree house for children.
- 1 hour 50 minutes from London by car.
- Beautiful grounds and gardens.
Thirlestane Castle, Scottish Borders, Scotland
45 minutes drive from Edinburgh Airport.
5 beautiful, individually designed apartments to rent or have exclusive use of them all.
Head across the border for a fairytale castle. Thirlestane Castle has five uniquely decorated apartments which can be taken individually or as a whole – sleeping up to 18 people. Close enough to Edinburgh (just 30-minutes drive) to be accessible and yet a world apart – the castle is set in tranquil parklands on the banks of the River Leader. While all of the castle apartments are stunning, we love the grand proportions of the Earl & Countess – a three-bedroom suite fashioned from former private quarters and reached by the sweeping castle staircase. Vibrant colours are everywhere along with beautiful antiques – if there was ever a place for a glamorous dinner party it is here.
- Sleeps up to 18 people in 5 stunningly designed and decorated apartments.
- Lots of outdoor activities can be arranged on the estate such as archery, croquet and clay pigeon shooting.
- Within easy reach of many of the famous golf courses including Muirfield, Dunbar, North Berwick and Gullane.
- Exceptional views, grounds and gardens.
- 50 minutes by car to Edinburgh.
Farleigh Wallop, Hampshire, England
45 minutes drive to London Heathrow Airport.
Historic family home just one hour from London.
- Sleeps up to 21 people in 11 elegantly designed suites and bedrooms with 10 bathrooms.
- 4,000 acre private estate including a 3 acre walled garden, rose garden and glass houses.
- Tennis court, heated outdoor swimming pool, croquet lawn, cricket pitch with pavilion and lake.
- Movie theater and billiards room.
- One hour from London.
Friston Place, Sussex, England
1 1/2 hours drive from London Gatwick Airport.
One mile away from the sea.
Just a mile from the Sussex coast – and all that summer swimming – Friston Place is straight out of a Merchant Ivory film. A mellow red-brick manor house with nine bedrooms, it is quintessentially English with scent of flowers at every turn. Panelled rooms are filled with tapestries and huge windows flooded with light while the kitchen area sports a smart contemporary dining area. It’s all about the details at Friston Place, from the hand-painted antique wallpapers to the cut-crystal bottles on dressing tables. A very stylish choice for a great British seaside getaway.
- 9 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.
- Heated swimming pool.
- Tennis court.
- 2 hours drive from London.
Temple Guiting Manor, The Cotswolds, England
1 3/4 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport.
A newly renovated Grade 1 Listed, 15th Century manor house steeped in English history.
- Sleeps up to 12 people in 5 bedrooms with 4 bathrooms.
- Billiard table, dovecote hot tub and secret cinema.
- Tennis court, walled gardens and boating lake (gated).
- 2 1/4 hours to London.
Silverholme Manor, The Lake District, England
1 1/2 hours drive to Manchester Airport.
The only carbon-neutral Georgian manor house in the country.
Step into the land of Beatrix Potter and Wordsworth at the romantic Silverholme Manor. Boasting private lake access to Lake Windermere, this fully carbon-neutral Georgian country house is very special. Sleeping up to 18 people in luxurious en-suite bedrooms, this is the perfect summer holiday spot. Staycations have never been more in vogue and Silverholme Manor has everything needed. The 5,000 acre estate has masses of activities available for young and old alike – all the joys and scenery of the Lake District are at your fingertips at this special period retreat.
- Sleeps 18 in luxury ensuite bedrooms with fabulous views.
- 5,000 acres of private woodland, forest and lake to enjoy.
- A host of activities can be arranged on the estate for guests.
- 1 1/2 hours drive from Carlisle.
Auchterarder House, Perthshire, Scotland
1 hours drive to both Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports.
One of the most impressive family homes in Scotland.
- Sleeps 20 people in 10 double ensuite bedrooms including one ground floor bedroom with fully disabled bathroom.
- Cinema room, gym, sauna, shoot room, conservatory & billiard room.
- 20 acres of stunning grounds and gardens with a small lochan.
- 1 hours drive to both Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Dunskey Castle, Portpatrick, Scotland
2 1/2 hours drive to Glasgow Airport.
Situated on the idyllic west coast with beautiful private beaches, stunning gardens and woods, waterfalls, lochs and a glen that stretches for miles.
- Sleeps up to 46 people in 23 individually designed bedrooms with 18 bathrooms, but equally cosy for a smaller family group.
- Classically trained chef and sous chef.
- Home grown game, herbs, vegetables and locally caught fish and seafood.
- Various local golf courses nearby.
- Kayaking, seal watching, fishing and picnicking.
- 2 hours drive from Glasgow.
Ballinlough Castle, County Westmeath, Ireland
1 hours drive from Dublin Airport.
One of Ireland’s finest 17th century castles.
- Sleeps 16 guests in 2 master suites (double, en-suite, dressing-room) and 1 double en-suite bedroom with a further 5 double rooms sharing 3 bathrooms.
- Extensive private gardens.
- Private stocked trout lough.
- Ballinlough Golf Club.
- River Boyne for salmon fishing.
- 1 ½ hours from Belfast, 1 hour from Dublin.