LTR, Tweed Horizons, Newtown St Boswells, Roxburghshire, Scotland, TD6 0SG
SPRING BREAK 2024 AVAILABILITY
Enjoy your spring break in the UK. Spring is arguably one of the best times to travel in the UK with a feeling of new beginnings and new life popping up all around us as well as local attractions opening up to visitors. LTR has the most stunning historic country houses and castles to offer our guests which are hugely private and secure as well as almost always surrounded by fields, woodland and private grounds. There are fewer crowds during the spring months compared with the summer months when many tourists flock to the UK to enjoy everything there is on offer. You can read about ‘What to in Scotland during April‘ and ‘What to do in Scotland during May‘ as well as ‘What to do in Ireland during May‘. There is also more about luxury travel in England to help you decide what you might like to do on a spring break to England.
We do have many other houses that are available but are not listed here so please do email or call us for other suggestions as we would be delighted to help.
Rosebery House, Midlothian, Scotland
35 minutes drive to Edinburgh International Airport.
Originally built for the Earls of Rosebery and Midlothian, Rosebery House is a rural haven of formal and informal spaces creating elegant accommodation.
- Accommodation 20 guests in 10 unique bedrooms.
- Stunning orangery that overlooks the garden and seats 60 guests.
- Dining room seats 20 guests, drawing room, sitting room and card room.
- Garden terrace, manicured lawns, woodland walks and tennis court.
- Accommodation for private chef/house staff.
- Lots of local activities including stunning walks, golf, mountain biking, falconry, archery, clay pigeon shooting, distillery tours and bird watching.
- Tantallon Castle and Bass Rock are nearby.
Ebrington Manor, The Cotswolds, England
1 3/4 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport.
Ebrington Manor is an ancient Grade II Listed manor house dating back to the 14th or 15th Century.
- Accommodation for up to 16 people in 8 bedrooms with ensuite bath/shower rooms.
- Wonderful oak panelled hall, dining room (seats 16), drawing room and sitting room/tv room.
- Acres of parkland to explore along with the Rose Garden and the Tortoise Garden.
- A natural spring fed lake for swimming and paddleboarding with a Cotswolds stone boathouse.
- Large Cotswold stone South African style Boma (cross between a firepit and BBQ) down by the boathouse.
- Croquet, football and pentanque.
- Pretty Cotswold villages with antique shops, gastro pubs and farm shops nearby.
- Fabulous walks through the rolling countryside.
- 1 3/4 hours drive to the historic City of Bath.
- 2 ½ hours drive to central London.
Broich House, Stirlingshire, Scotland
Under 1 hours drive from Edinburgh International Airport and Glasgow International Airport.
Situated within a 450 acre private estate there is wonderful outdoor entertaining space including a gas barbeque, hot tub and plenty of garden games.
- Accommodation for up to 14 people in 7 luxury bedrooms & bathrooms.
- Grand drawing room with dual aspect, dining room, garden room & games room, library, kitchen/breakfast room and study.
- Views of the countryside towards The Trossachs.
- Landscaped gardens.
- Lots of local activities including stunning walks, golf, mountain biking, clay pigeon shooting, whiskey distillery tours and much more.
- Historic Stirling Castle and The Wallace Monument are nearby.
Straffan House, County Kildare, Ireland
1/2 hours drive from Dublin Airport.
The house combines the architecture of a bygone era with all of the comforts and convenience of elegant, contemporary living.
- 20 guests in 10 bedrooms, all en suite.
- Indoor swimming pool complete with ‘swim up bar’.
- Spa and gym, cinema, games room and glass-enclosed, thermostatically-controlled wine cellar.
- Cycle paths and river walks.
- Direct access onto The Ryder Cup Golf Course.
- Outdoor pursuits on the estate including falconry, kayaking, horse riding, clay pigeon shooting, archery and fishing on the River Liffey.
- Access to all the wider resort facilities of the K Club including the Spa.
Wilsford Manor, Wiltshire, England
45 minute drive to London Heathrow and 1 3/4 hours drive to central London.
The manor is set within 800 acres of private land which includes four further guest houses available to rent, capable of hosting an additional 17 guests.
- Accommodation for up to 11 guests in five double and one single bedroom.
- Two dining rooms: one seating up to 16 people and the other 8 people.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool and tennis court.
- 800 acres of private land and 1 mile of the River Avon with fly fishing (April-Sept).
- 5 minute drive from Stonehenge, one of the UK’s most famous landmarks.
Kirtlington Park, Oxfordshire, England
1 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
This breathtaking palladian house is set in stunning gardens and parkland designed by Capability Brown.
- 8 bedrooms with 8 bathrooms (6 ensuite).
- Fabulous entertaining rooms including the Great Hall, drawing room, Monkey Room, dining room, library and saloon.
- Tennis court, gym, cinema/games room.
- Billiard/snooker table, table tennis, table football, badminton, croquet, skittles and garden games.
- Garden seating and woodland walks.
- Lake with fishing by arrangement.
- Kirtlington Polo Club with free viewing and lessons by arrangement.
- ½ hours drive to the city of Oxford to visit the colleges, Oxford Botanic Garden, the famous Pitt Rivers and Ashmolean Museums, as well as punting on the River Thames.
- Blenheim Palace, The Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon and Rousham Gardens are all nearby.
- Located just five minutes from the A34 and the M40.
Cotswold Lodge, Cotswolds, England
2 1/4 hours drive to central London.
A picturesque house with beautiful interiors offering a blissfully tranquil escape from every day life.
- Accommodation for 10 people in 5 bedrooms.
- 3 separate dining areas.
- Games room and cinema room.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub.
- Cotswold Water Park just 5 minutes drive away which has lots of activities such as paddle boarding, sailing, water skiing, kayaking and wake boarding.
- Golf at South Cerney Golf Course.
- Walking, cycling and horse riding all available nearby.
- Rally driving, horse racing (Cheltenham Festival) and vineyard tour nearby.
- Walking distance to a pub and village and town.
Lambay Castle and Island, Co. Dublin, Ireland
20 minutes by speedboat & 20 minutes by car from Dublin Airport.
Lambay Island, with its very own castle, is steeped in romantic family history, having been bought in 1904 by a newly-wed couple and remained in the family ever since.
- Lambay Castle sleeps up to 10 people. Bathrooms are luxurious but shared between 2 bedrooms or more.
- Breakfast room with large oak table seating 8-10 comfortably.
- Formal dining room and drawing room.
- Further accommodation on the island is available.
- Surrounded by a 200 acre cattle and sheep farm. Part of the 660 acre island estate.
- Home to wallabies, fallow deer, seals and nesting seabirds.
- Off grid, so electricity, hot water and heating are self generated from a wind turbine and solar panels.
Notgrove Manor, Cotswolds, England
1 3/4 hours from London Heathrow Airport.
Set within a stunning 1,500 acre estate, its own traditional village and working farm.
- 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
- Drawing room, dining room, entrance hall, tv den, open plan conservatory/kitchen and lovely family feel.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool, tennis court and croquet lawn.
- Games room.
- Situated in the heart of the Cotswolds.
- Extensive landscaped gardens and beautiful views from the house.
- 10 minutes from Bourton on the Water and Stow on the Wold.
- 15 minutes from Cheltenham.
- 90 minutes from London.
Crom Castle, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
2 hours drive to both Dublin and Belfast Airports. Helicopter landing available on the lawn.
This romantic 19th Century Victorian Castle is the luxurious historic private home of the Crichton family, Earls of Erne.
The castle is set in a 1900 acre estate on Upper Lough Erne, one of Northern Ireland’s most important nature conservation areas. The outstanding beauty and tranquillity of the setting with its wonderful wildlife and nature makes it a perfect holiday retreat with the Estate and grounds belonging to the National Trust. However, the family have retained the private gardens surrounding the castle for private use.
- Sleeps up to 21 guests in 2 state double rooms, 4 double rooms, 4 twin rooms and 1 single room all with their own private bathrooms.
- Wonderful state drawing rooms and dining room.
- Magnificent Grand Hall.
- Victorian conservatory ideal for summer breakfasts and summer dining.
- Hard tennis court.
- Boating activities on Lough Erne by separate arrangement.
- Private family gardens.
Birkhill Castle, Fife, Scotland
1 1/5 hours from Edinburgh Airport. Helicopter landing available on the lawn.
A golfers paradise, 100 golf courses can be accessed within a 40 mile radius of the castle. 1 hours drive from Edinburgh & 20 minutes from St Andrews.
- Sleeps up to 28 guests in 11 double or twin bedrooms & 4 single bedrooms plus a children’s nursery.
- Billiards room.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool.
- Tennis Court and Croquet Lawn.
- Both game and clay pigeon shooting can be arranged on the estate.
- Private Beach, boats trips to view puffins.
- Local Attractions include the many local golf courses.
- Edinburgh with shopping, museums & galleries.
- Kellie Castle.
- The charming East Neuk of Fife fishing villages with excellent fish restaurants.
Knowlton Court, Kent, England
Under 2 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport and 30 minutes to Folkestone & the Chanel Tunnel.
Built in 1585 by Sir Thomas Peyton, Knowlton Court is described as a ‘timeless work of Tudor history’.
- Accommodation for 36 people in 18 luxury ensuite bedrooms.
- There are 7 further holiday properties on the estate sleeping from 2-21 people each.
- 4 large reception rooms including the Dining Room, Sitting Room, the Boudoir and the Great Hall.
- Surrounded by wonderful countryside with walks and cycling routes for all abilities.
- Short drive from the coast with family beaches, water sports and wildlife.
- Castles to visit such as Dover Castle and Leeds Castle.
- Howletts Wild Animal Park, Port Lympne and Wingham Wildlife Park are all nearby.
- 10 miles from the city of Canterbury.
Glin Castle, Co. Limerick, Ireland
55 minutes drive from Shannon International Airport.
Situated on the Shannon Estuary, Glin Castle is available to hire exclusively for extended private rental, family events and golf tours.
- Sleeps up to 30 guests in 15 double or twin bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and/or showers.
- Activities can include; cookery classes, traditional Irish music, dance and craic, whiskey tasting, Gaelic Football (worth a try).
- Day trips to Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher (an hours distance), Ring of Kerry, Killarney Lakes and Muckross House & Gardens and Co. Clare.
- Scavenger hunts (a real favourite), history talk with a well known local historian.
- 15th century Bunratty Castle & Folk Park (45 minutes drive).
- Adare Village heritage town named Ireland’s prettiest village (35 minutes drive).
- 2 1/2 hours drive from Dublin.
Euston Hall, Suffolk, England
1 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
Historic Palladian Home with an award winning ‘Greenest Farming Business’ farm.
Country houses do not come more impressive, or with a richer history, than Suffolk’s Euston Hall. Set in deer-filled parkland and offering an authentic Lord of the Manor experience, Euston is owned by one of the country’s most prestigious families. The stately home has a glorious collection of royal portraits lining its walls among many other highlights. It is also incredibly warm and welcoming with feather-soft beds and fabulous gardens (designed by Capability Brown and William Kent) to spend summer days in. The natural swimming area is a dream for hot weather!
- Accommodation for 18 people in 8 double bedrooms and 2 single rooms.
- Drawing room, library, large & small dining room, billiard room and games room.
- Extensive private collection of Royal Stuart portraiture and noble equestrian art.
- Tennis court, croquet lawn, badminton.
- Natural swimming area with sauna river cabin, paddle boarding and canoeing.
- Traditional sporting estate activities.
- Situated on 300 acres of private grounds and parkland on an 11,000 acre farming estate.
- 2 hours drive from central London, 40 minutes from Cambridge, 25 minutes from Newmarket Races.
- Superfast Broadband (300 meg).
Ashby Manor House, Northamptonshire, England
1 1/2 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
Guy Fawkes planned his infamous Gun Powder Plot at Ashby Manor House in 1605.
- Sleeps up to 23 people in 10 bedrooms (but in spite of the size it is very comfortable and cosy for one family).
- Outdoor heated pool.
- Tennis court.
- A lake for boating on.
- Fabulous tree house for children.
- 1 hour 50 minutes from London by car.
- Beautiful grounds and gardens.