LTR, Tweed Horizons, Newtown St Boswells, Roxburghshire, Scotland, TD6 0SG
THANKSGIVING 2023 AVAILABILITY
With Thanksgiving falling on 23rd November 2023, we have lots of beautiful historic country houses, castles and stately homes that are available to hire for exclusive use. With our full concierge service, we can organize a fabulous vacation for all generations ensuring that everyone is as busy or relaxed as they would like to be. Our handpicked luxury group accommodation is amongst the very best available in the UK and the house staff are all exceptional. Privacy and security is of utmost importance and all these grand houses have plenty of gardens and grounds outside for children to explore and have adventures in. With our knowledge and experience of the UK and Ireland, we are able to arrange a tailor made itinerary for each and every one of your guests as required.
We continue to closely follow the UK Government guidelines with regard to COVID-19. Please do get in touch if you would like further information and for peace of mind do read our Covid Code of Practice.
We do have many other houses that are available but are not listed here so please do email or call us for other suggestions as we would be delighted to help.
Newton Surmaville, Somerset, England
2 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
Newton Surmaville has been extensively refurbished throughout and there is a wonderful mix of old with contemporary.
- 20 people in 9 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms.
- 5 impressive reception rooms with generous proportions and wonderful period features including fine oak panelling, open stone fireplaces, flag stone flooring and excellent ceiling heights.
- Beautifully restored throughout to combine classic period features with modern benefits.
- The surrounding parkland allows for plenty to explore with ponds and a section of the River Yeo.
- There is a wonderful outbuilding which offers space for events and parties.
- A wide range of available activities both on the estate and in the surrounding area including a golf club at the border of the grounds.
- Close to Dorset AONB.
Knowlton Court, Kent, England
Under 2 hours drive to London’s Gatwick, Stanstead and Heathrow airports.
Knowlton Court provides a stunning backdrop for large family gatherings and celebrations, and country house weekends.
- 38 people in 19 luxury ensuite bedrooms.
- Formal reception rooms including the grand Dining Room, Drawing Room, Billiard Room, Boudoir and Great Hall.
- Surrounded by wonderful countryside with walks and cycling routes for all abilities.
- Country pursuits by arrangement.
- Additional and staff accommodation available within the Estate.
- Heritage sites such as Dover Castle and Leeds Castle.
- Vineyards and winery tours locally.
- Ten miles from the historic city of Canterbury.
- 15 minutes’ drive from Sandwich and its three championship golf courses.
- Under one hour by train from London.
Rodel House, Isle of Harris, Outer Hebrides, Scotland
Regular flights from Edinburgh/Glasgow to Stornoway.
Rodel House provides a ‘way in’ for guests, whether they are ‘travellers with a purpose’, familiar with the island and wanting to interact with it at a deeper level, or those who are drawn to a refuge where the attraction of undisturbed serenity in the company of dear friends is irresistible.
- Sleeps 8 adults & 2 children.
- Event space in adjacent sail loft that seats 50 people.
- Private harbour for boat trips (Islands in Sound of Harris, The Shiants, Lewis East Lochs, Taransayetc.).
- Seafishing (lobsters, crabs, mackerel, pollack, cod, haddock etc.).
- Learn about local crafts such as Harris Tweed Weaving.
- Private tour of the Harris Gin Distillery in Tarbet.
- Wonderful opportunities for photographers, bird watchers, walkers, wild swimmers, surfers and more.
- 90 minutes drive from Stornoway.
The Moult, South Devon, England
75 minutes drive from Exeter Airport.
Built in the 1700’s, once owned by the Earl of Devon and the location for filming an Agatha Christie Drama, The Moult is a house full of history and stories.
- 24 people in 11 bedrooms with ensuite or private bathrooms. 1 further bedroom has access to a shared family bathroom.
- Variety of reception rooms for both entertaining or relaxing.
- Outdoor heated 22m long swimming pool.
- Great for entertaining with cinema room, games room/gym, croquet, table football, table tennis, trampoline and outdoor giant chess set.
- Lots of activities with great walks nearby, watersports, golf, clay pigeon shooting, boat trips, fishing, crabbing, lobster potting, caving or beauty treatments.
- 35 minutes drive from Totnes Train Station.
Borthwick Castle, Midlothian, Scotland
45 minutes drive from Edinburgh Airport.
Borthwick Castle is one of the finest 15th Century keeps in Scotland.
- 26 guests in 13 bedchambers, all en suite.
- 3 magnificent principal rooms: The State Room, The Garrison and The Great Hall.
- Various outdoor pursuits including hiking, archery, shooting, golf and fishing.
- Glenkinchie Whisky Distillery nearby for whisky tours.
- The famous Rosslyn Chapel is only 30 minutes drive and Crichton Castle only 20 minutes drive away.
- The golf courses of East Lothian are also within easy reach.
- The vibrant capital city of Edinburgh is only 30 minutes away.
Cornwell Manor, Cotswolds, England
90 minutes from London by car or direct line by train.
Once quoted by Country Life as “one of the prettiest houses in England”, Cornwell Manor is the quintessential English manor house set within 2,000 acres and it’s own private village.
- Accommodation in 12 bedrooms for up to 24 guests.
- Ballroom which is ideal for large dinners or dancing.
- TV den and library.
- Local attractions include the award winning Daylesford Organic Farm Shop, The Wild Rabbit and The Kingham Plough.
- Easy access to Oxford, Cheltenham, Stratford upon Avon and all that The Cotswolds have to offer.
- Attractive local towns include Chipping Norton, Stow on the Wold, Moreton in Marsh and Chipping Camden.
Straffan House, County Kildare, Ireland
1/2 hours drive from Dublin Airport.
The house combines the architecture of a bygone era with all of the comforts and convenience of elegant, contemporary living.
- 20 guests in 10 bedrooms, all en suite.
- Indoor swimming pool complete with ‘swim up bar’.
- Spa and gym, cinema, games room and glass-enclosed, thermostatically-controlled wine cellar.
- Cycle paths and river walks.
- Direct access onto The Ryder Cup Golf Course.
- Outdoor pursuits on the estate including falconry, kayaking, horse riding, clay pigeon shooting, archery and fishing on the River Liffey.
- Access to all the wider resort facilities of the K Club including the Spa.
Kirtlington Park, Oxfordshire, England
1 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
This breathtaking palladian house is set in stunning gardens and parkland designed by Capability Brown.
- 8 bedrooms with 8 bathrooms (6 ensuite).
- Fabulous entertaining rooms including the Great Hall, drawing room, Monkey Room, dining room, library and saloon.
- Tennis court, gym, cinema/games room.
- Billiard/snooker table, table tennis, table football, badminton, croquet, skittles and garden games.
- Garden seating and woodland walks.
- Lake with fishing by arrangement.
- Kirtlington Polo Club with free viewing and lessons by arrangement.
- ½ hours drive to the city of Oxford to visit the colleges, Oxford Botanic Garden, the famous Pitt Rivers and Ashmolean Museums, as well as punting on the River Thames.
- Blenheim Palace, The Cotswolds, Stratford upon Avon and Rousham Gardens are all nearby.
- Located just five minutes from the A34 and the M40.
- 1 hours drive from West London.
Lambay Castle and Island, Co. Dublin, Ireland
20 minutes by speedboat & 20 minutes by car from Dublin Airport.
Lambay Island, with its very own castle, is steeped in romantic family history, having been bought in 1904 by a newly-wed couple and remained in the family ever since.
- Lambay Castle sleeps up to 10 people. Bathrooms are luxurious but shared between 2 bedrooms or more.
- Breakfast room with large oak table seating 8-10 comfortably.
- Formal dining room and drawing room.
- Further accommodation on the island is available.
- Surrounded by a 200 acre cattle and sheep farm. Part of the 660 acre island estate.
- Home to wallabies, fallow deer, seals and nesting seabirds.
- Off grid, so electricity, hot water and heating are self generated from a wind turbine and solar panels.
The Rafters, Lulworth Cove, England
2 3/4 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport.
The Rafters overlooks picturesque Lulworth Cove, sitting in a truly hidden paradise.
- 10 en-suite bedrooms, each bathroom with a walk-in wet area. Two freestanding baths in two of the en-suite bathrooms.
- Library, sitting area (with mini bar), cosy cinema room (with Blu-ray, Apple TV and Amazon TV) and a games room (with ping-pong table, board games, large TV, music speakers).
- Large, heated indoor saline pool.
- Outdoor grill and fire bowl with outside seating.
- World Heritage Site of the Jurassic Coast.
- Stunning views over Lulworth Cove.
Notgrove Manor, Cotswolds, England
1 3/4 hours from London Heathrow Airport.
Set within a stunning 1,500 acre estate, its own traditional village and working farm.
- 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms.
- Drawing room, dining room, entrance hall, tv den, open plan conservatory/kitchen and lovely family feel.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool, tennis court and croquet lawn.
- Games room.
- Situated in the heart of the Cotswolds.
- Extensive landscaped gardens and beautiful views from the house.
- 10 minutes from Bourton on the Water and Stow on the Wold.
- 15 minutes from Cheltenham.
- 90 minutes from London.
Crom Castle, County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland
2 hours drive to both Dublin and Belfast Airports. Helicopter landing available on the lawn.
This romantic 19th Century Victorian Castle is the luxurious historic private home of the Crichton family, Earls of Erne.
The castle is set in a 1900 acre estate on Upper Lough Erne, one of Northern Ireland’s most important nature conservation areas. The outstanding beauty and tranquillity of the setting with its wonderful wildlife and nature makes it a perfect holiday retreat with the Estate and grounds belonging to the National Trust. However, the family have retained the private gardens surrounding the castle for private use.
- Sleeps up to 21 guests in 2 state double rooms, 4 double rooms, 4 twin rooms and 1 single room all with their own private bathrooms.
- Wonderful state drawing rooms and dining room.
- Magnificent Grand Hall.
- Victorian conservatory ideal for summer breakfasts and summer dining.
- Hard tennis court.
- Boating activities on Lough Erne by separate arrangement.
- Private family gardens.
Birkhill Castle, Fife, Scotland
1 1/5 hours from Edinburgh Airport. Helicopter landing available on the lawn.
A golfers paradise, 100 golf courses can be accessed within a 40 mile radius of the castle. 1 hours drive from Edinburgh & 20 minutes from St Andrews.
- Sleeps up to 28 guests in 11 double or twin bedrooms & 4 single bedrooms plus a children’s nursery.
- Billiards room.
- Heated outdoor swimming pool.
- Tennis Court and Croquet Lawn.
- Both game and clay pigeon shooting can be arranged on the estate.
- Private Beach, boats trips to view puffins.
- Local Attractions include the many local golf courses.
- Edinburgh with shopping, museums & galleries.
- Kellie Castle.
- The charming East Neuk of Fife fishing villages with excellent fish restaurants.
Ballywalter Park, Newtownards, Northern Ireland
1 1/4 hours drive to Belfast Airport.
This Grade A* Listed mansion was built in the Italianate Palazzo style by the well known architect Sir Charles Lanyon who created a stunning house of exceptional architectural importance.
- Sleeps up to 24 guests in 12 luxurious bedrooms.
- Magnificent Grand Hall.
- The house is surrounded by 270 acres of pleasure grounds, fields, lake and woodland as part of the private 1,200 acre estate.
- 1 hour to Belfast by road.
Shipton Court, The Cotswolds, England
1 3/4 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
An original, English Jacobean manor house set in lovely gardens with two additional cottages which are also available to rent.
- Sleeps up to 11 guests in 5 double bedrooms and one singleroom.
- Drawing room with barel vaulted ceiling and Steinway grand piano, first floor library and long dining hall.
- Seven working large fireplaces for log fires throughout the house providing a warm and cosy atmosphere.
- Two acres of south facing lawned gardens.
- One bedroom cottage and two bedroom staff cottage available if required.
- Outdoor ‘toys’ include: go-carts, children’s bikes, an electric 2-seat buggy, kites, croquet set, petanque & children’s summerhouse.
- 2 ¼ hours drive from London.
Glin Castle, Co. Limerick, Ireland
55 minutes drive from Shannon International Airport.
Situated on the Shannon Estuary, Glin Castle is available to hire exclusively for extended private rental, family events and golf tours.
- Sleeps up to 30 guests in 15 double or twin bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and/or showers.
- Activities can include; cookery classes, traditional Irish music, dance and craic, whiskey tasting, Gaelic Football (worth a try).
- Day trips to Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher (an hours distance), Ring of Kerry, Killarney Lakes and Muckross House & Gardens and Co. Clare.
- Scavenger hunts (a real favourite), history talk with a well known local historian.
- 15th century Bunratty Castle & Folk Park (45 minutes drive).
- Adare Village heritage town named Ireland’s prettiest village (35 minutes drive).
- 2 1/2 hours drive from Dublin.
Crag Hall, Derbyshire, England
40 minutes drive to Manchester Airport.
Wild swimming, cycling and go-karting in the beautiful Peak District.
- Sleeps up to 20 guests in 11 individually designed bedrooms and 7 bathrooms (2 of which are ensuite).
- Drawing room and study with open fires.
- Dining room that seats up to 20 people.
- Billiards room.
- Lots of activities available nearby including wild swimming, cycling, go-karting and private yoga.
- Buxton Crescent Health Spa, Chatsworth House, Poole’s Cavern, Buxton Opera House and Haddon Hall are all nearby.
- 3 ¾ hours drive to London.
Knowsley Hall, Lancashire, England
1/2 hours drive to Liverpool Airport.
Exceptional stately home set within a 2,500 acre private estate.
- Sleeps up to 34 guests in 17 exquisitely designed ensuite bedrooms.
- State dining room and drawing room.
- Award winning spa on the estate.
- Clay pigeon shooting, riding, watersports and cycling safari around the perimeter of Knowsley Safari are all available on the estate.
- Inside the house wine and gin tastings can be arranged as well as history talks, tour of the art collection (which would not be out of place in a museum or gallery).
- Yoga and pilates can be done in the ballroom and there is also an award wining spa located on the estate.
- 4 hours drive from London.
10 Castle Street, Dorset, England
2 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport.
A Grade 2* Listed Queen Anne building.
- Sleeps up to 22 in 11 individually designed ensuite bedrooms.
- Various dining rooms and dining spaces.
- Two drawing rooms.
- Beautiful gardens.
- In-house massages, yoga and personal trainer.
- A host of activities available.
- 2 1/2 hours drive from London.
Euston Hall, Suffolk, England
1 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
Historic Palladian Home with an award winning ‘Greenest Farming Business’ farm.
Country houses do not come more impressive, or with a richer history, than Suffolk’s Euston Hall. Set in deer-filled parkland and offering an authentic Lord of the Manor experience, Euston is owned by one of the country’s most prestigious families. The stately home has a glorious collection of royal portraits lining its walls among many other highlights. It is also incredibly warm and welcoming with feather-soft beds and fabulous gardens (designed by Capability Brown and William Kent) to spend summer days in. The natural swimming area is a dream for hot weather!
- Accommodation for 18 people in 8 double bedrooms and 2 single rooms.
- Drawing room, library, large & small dining room, billiard room and games room.
- Extensive private collection of Royal Stuart portraiture and noble equestrian art.
- Tennis court, croquet lawn, badminton.
- Natural swimming area with sauna river cabin, paddle boarding and canoeing.
- Traditional sporting estate activities.
- Situated on 300 acres of private grounds and parkland on an 11,000 acre farming estate.
- 2 hours drive from London, 40 minutes from Cambridge, 25 minutes from Newmarket Races.
- Superfast Broadband (300 meg).
Ashby Manor House, Northamptonshire, England
1 1/2 hours drive from London Heathrow Airport.
Guy Fawkes planned his infamous Gun Powder Plot at Ashby Manor House in 1605.
- Sleeps up to 23 people in 10 bedrooms (but in spite of the size it is very comfortable and cosy for one family).
- Outdoor heated pool.
- Tennis court.
- A lake for boating on.
- Fabulous tree house for children.
- 1 hour 50 minutes from London by car.
- Beautiful grounds and gardens.
Thirlestane Castle, Scottish Borders, Scotland
45 minutes drive from Edinburgh Airport.
5 beautiful, individually designed apartments to rent or have exclusive use of them all.
Head across the border for a fairytale castle. Thirlestane Castle has five uniquely decorated apartments which can be taken individually or as a whole – sleeping up to 18 people. Close enough to Edinburgh (just 30-minutes drive) to be accessible and yet a world apart – the castle is set in tranquil parklands on the banks of the River Leader. While all of the castle apartments are stunning, we love the grand proportions of the Earl & Countess – a three-bedroom suite fashioned from former private quarters and reached by the sweeping castle staircase. Vibrant colours are everywhere along with beautiful antiques – if there was ever a place for a glamorous dinner party it is here.
- Sleeps up to 18 people in 5 stunningly designed and decorated apartments.
- Lots of outdoor activities can be arranged on the estate such as archery, croquet and clay pigeon shooting.
- Within easy reach of many of the famous golf courses including Muirfield, Dunbar, North Berwick and Gullane.
- Exceptional views, grounds and gardens.
- 50 minutes by car to Edinburgh.
Farleigh Wallop, Hampshire, England
45 minutes drive to London Heathrow Airport.
Historic family home just one hour from London.
- Sleeps up to 21 people in 11 elegantly designed suites and bedrooms with 10 bathrooms.
- 4,000 acre private estate including a 3 acre walled garden, rose garden and glass houses.
- Tennis court, heated outdoor swimming pool, croquet lawn, cricket pitch with pavilion and lake.
- Movie theater and billiards room.
- One hour from London.
Friston Place, Sussex, England
1 1/2 hours drive from London Gatwick Airport.
One mile away from the sea.
Just a mile from the Sussex coast – and all that summer swimming – Friston Place is straight out of a Merchant Ivory film. A mellow red-brick manor house with nine bedrooms, it is quintessentially English with scent of flowers at every turn. Panelled rooms are filled with tapestries and huge windows flooded with light while the kitchen area sports a smart contemporary dining area. It’s all about the details at Friston Place, from the hand-painted antique wallpapers to the cut-crystal bottles on dressing tables. A very stylish choice for a great British seaside getaway.
- 9 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms.
- Heated swimming pool.
- Tennis court.
- 2 hours drive from London.
Ebrington Manor, The Cotswolds, England
1 3/4 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport.
Ebrington Manor is an ancient Grade II Listed manor house dating back to the 14th or 15th Century.
- Accommodation for up to 16 people in 8 bedrooms with ensuite bath/shower rooms.
- Wonderful oak panelled hall, dining room (seats 16), drawing room and sitting room/tv room.
- Acres of parkland to explore along with the Rose Garden and the Tortoise Garden.
- A natural spring fed lake for swimming and paddleboarding with a Cotswolds stone boathouse.
- Large Cotswold stone South African style Boma (cross between a firepit and BBQ) down by the boathouse.
- Croquet, football and pentanque.
- Pretty Cotswold villages with antique shops, gastro pubs and farm shops nearby.
- Fabulous walks through the rolling countryside.
- 2 ½ hours drive to central London.
Temple Guiting Manor, The Cotswolds, England
1 3/4 hours drive to London Heathrow Airport.
A newly renovated Grade 1 Listed, 15th Century manor house steeped in English history.
- Sleeps up to 12 people in 5 bedrooms with 4 bathrooms.
- Billiard table, dovecote hot tub and secret cinema.
- Tennis court, walled gardens and boating lake (gated).
- 2 1/4 hours to London.
Silverholme Manor, The Lake District, England
1 1/2 hours drive to Manchester Airport.
The only carbon-neutral Georgian manor house in the country.
Step into the land of Beatrix Potter and Wordsworth at the romantic Silverholme Manor. Boasting private lake access to Lake Windermere, this fully carbon-neutral Georgian country house is very special. Sleeping up to 18 people in luxurious en-suite bedrooms, this is the perfect summer holiday spot. Staycations have never been more in vogue and Silverholme Manor has everything needed. The 5,000 acre estate has masses of activities available for young and old alike – all the joys and scenery of the Lake District are at your fingertips at this special period retreat.
- Sleeps 18 in luxury ensuite bedrooms with fabulous views.
- 5,000 acres of private woodland, forest and lake to enjoy.
- A host of activities can be arranged on the estate for guests.
- 1 1/2 hours drive from Carlisle.
Auchterarder House, Perthshire, Scotland
1 hours drive to both Edinburgh and Glasgow Airports.
One of the most impressive family homes in Scotland.
- Sleeps 20 people in 10 double ensuite bedrooms including one ground floor bedroom with fully disabled bathroom.
- Cinema room, gym, sauna, shoot room, conservatory & billiard room.
- 20 acres of stunning grounds and gardens with a small lochan.
- 1 hours drive to both Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Dunskey Castle, Portpatrick, Scotland
2 1/2 hours drive to Glasgow Airport.
Situated on the idyllic west coast with beautiful private beaches, stunning gardens and woods, waterfalls, lochs and a glen that stretches for miles.
- Sleeps up to 46 people in 23 individually designed bedrooms with 18 bathrooms, but equally cosy for a smaller family group.
- Classically trained chef and sous chef.
- Home grown game, herbs, vegetables and locally caught fish and seafood.
- Various local golf courses nearby.
- Kayaking, seal watching, fishing and picnicking.
- 2 hours drive from Glasgow.
Ballinlough Castle, County Westmeath, Ireland
1 hours drive from Dublin Airport.
One of Ireland’s finest 17th century castles.
- Sleeps 16 guests in 2 master suites (double, en-suite, dressing-room) and 1 double en-suite bedroom with a further 5 double rooms sharing 3 bathrooms.
- Extensive private gardens.
- Private stocked trout lough.
- Ballinlough Golf Club.
- River Boyne for salmon fishing.
- 1 ½ hours from Belfast, 1 hour from Dublin.